Hello, Band Families! Here's the news from the Band Parents this week.....
1. AND THEY'RE OFF! Thanks to the hard work of Bridget Kahle, Cheri Berlin, and
many, many other parent volunteers, our marching Bobcats got off to camp yesterday at Wittenberg University without a hitch. Campers will return around noon on Friday 7/27; watch for a twitter and/or Remind text update on their departure/arrival times. And keep an eye on the Band Parents Facebook page, where we will try to share camp photos as available.
2. SUMMER UNIFORMS: summer uniforms arrived last week and many of your students have already picked theirs up and brought them home.If you haven't seen yours yet, please make sure your student picks his/hers up from the band room when you pick them up from Band Camp on Friday. They will need to wear them on Sunday for the Decal Drive.
3. DECAL DRIVE: the Decal Drive this year is on Sunday, July 29. GHHS Marching Band members will go door-to-door in our community (with adult chaperones), soliciting donations to support the band programs. This is the Band Parents' biggest fundraiser of the year, and it is a mandatory activity for all HS marching band students (students with unavoidable conflicts will need to have their absence cleared through Mr. Herrmann). Parent volunteers are still needed, so please visit the signupgenius if you can help. And plan for your student to be at the middle school commons at 6pm on Sunday, July 29, to eat pizza and receive route assignments. Dress is summer uniform shirt and shorts, with comfortable walking shoes (marching shoes are not required). Students will be done by 8pm, or sooner depending on how quickly they complete their routes.
4. EVENING REHEARSALS: the marching band will have four more rehearsals between the end of camp and start of school - they are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8-10pm. Please mark your calendars and plan accordingly.
5. FALCO PARK: the first performance of the year for the GHHS Marching Band is an outdoor concert at Falco Park, in Marble Cliff, on Sunday August 12 at 7pm. Bring a blanket or folding chair to sit on. A few parent volunteers will be needed for setup and tear down, so keep your eyes out for that signupgenius, coming soon.
6. FALL CONCESSIONS: finally, it's never too soon to start talking about the football season. For those who may be new to the HS band program, the Band Parents Association staffs the concession stands for all Bobcat home football games. This is a massive, people-intensive undertaking, and we ask all parents to sign up for at least three volunteering slots during the season. The signupgenius for that will be coming soon. Thanks in advance for doing your part!
As many of you already know, things start to get crazy now, and will stay that way until late fall. Any time you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We appreciate your support, and all that you do to support your student and our program!
Thanks, all! Questions? Let me know!
Julie Rutter, Communications
Grandview Heights Band Parents Association