MESSAGES FROM THE DIRECTORS AND BAND PARENTS
If you can't find it in your in-box, you can probably find it here!
REMINDER that the full GH Bands Calendar is available here.
BAND PARENTS UPDATE
Greetings Grandview Bands families! GHBPA has A LOT to share in this update
1. DECAL SALE: thanks to our hard working HS students and adult volunteers, the decal sale has been a smashing success thus far, raising over $9000 and counting. Please let your neighbors, family, and friends know that online donations are still accepted at grandviewhtsband.org. Cash or checks are also welcome; please contact Decal Drive co-chairs Janna Thompson-Chordas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Megan Stanley (email@example.com) for information on where to deliver.
2. BUSINESS SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: GHBPA offers several levels of sponsorship for businesses. Benefits range from recognition in the Bobcats football program and band web site, to inclusion on display signs at concerts and concessions, to full-page advertising space in the football program. Please contact Janna Thompson-Chordas or Megan Stanley (see above) for more information.
3. FALCO PARK CONCERT VOLUNTEERS: still need a few more folks to help with set up and tear down activities for the HS band concert on Aug 13 at Falco Park. Please sign up if you can: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4baea62cab9-falco
4. FALL CONCESSIONS SIGN UP: you may or may not be aware that the GHBPA runs the concession stand for home football events during the season. This is a BIG undertaking, and all HS band parents are asked to sign up for at least three slots. Parents of younger students are WELCOME to sign up to help as well--come and learn the ropes, and help support our Bobcat bands and sports in the process! Season sign-up is now posted: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4baea62cab9-2017
5. OTHER FALL VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES: the high school band needs adult volunteers to load instruments for away games, ride the buses as chaperones to away games, and hang up and take down senior banners for home games. Again, please help out if you can (senior parents are especially encouraged to come help hang up the banner with young Junior's smiling face:-): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4baea62cab9-band4
6. SENIOR BANNER PICTURES: pictures for senior banners will be taken on Aug 11 at the high school--seniors should arrive at NOON to get into uniform. (Note that this is the same day as the athletic dept pictures, which are optional - but if you are a senior and want a banner this date is now MANDATORY. Please contact Laura Fitch at 614-218-4134 if your student has an unavoidable conflict.) Parental consent signature will be required to display the banner at each home game.
7. PICTURE DAY: reminder that the HS athletic dept has arranged for picture day for HS athletes and band members on Aug 11 which is OPTIONAL (unless you are a SENIOR). Your student need only attend if you wish to purchase a picture package. Mr. Herrmann will have order forms available at rehearsals, or you can order online at:
<https://inter-state.com/shop> (USE CODE: 19825Q). In order to get students in and out of uniforms efficiently, please have your student arrive during the following time windows:
Freshman 10:30am; Sophomores 11:00am; Juniors 11:30am
Come to the band room to change into uniform; there will be BPA members there to assist. (SENIORS MUST attend for banner pics, as noted above, and should come at NOON.)
Comments are closed.