MESSAGES FROM THE DIRECTORS AND BAND PARENTS
If you can't find it in your in-box, you can probably find it here!
REMINDER that the full GH Bands Calendar is available here.
BAND PARENTS' UPDATE
Good evening and happy fall break! Here are a bunch of updates from the Band Parents Association:
1. CHAPERONES: we still need TWO more chaperones to ride the bus with the band for THIS Friday night’s game. It’s harder than usual to find volunteers for this game, due to the fact that it is fall break and some families are out of town. Please step up and help out if you can! Click here for the signupgenius. Thanks!
2. WE NEED YOUR HELP: the marching band’s current formal uniforms are only in their second season – and it took a massive fundraising campaign to make them a reality. Each individual uniform cost several hundred dollars between the hat, raincoat, jacket, and pants. While normal wear and tear and occasional spills or stains are to be expected, we are finding that many students are much less careful with the responsibility of caring for their uniforms this year than they were last season. Similarly, some of them are being much less respectful to the parents who volunteer their time to check the uniforms in at the end of each game night. We would be grateful if you would provide your student with a “gentle” reminder to treat their uniform – and their parent volunteers – with the respect that they deserve. Many thanks!
3. SEASON IN REVIEW: the GHHS Marching Band will perform its annual Season in Review on Thursday, Oct 25 at 7pm in the HS football stadium (rain site: HS gym). Just a reminder/heads up that the concession stands will not be open for this event, so all parents have the opportunity to watch the show. BYO water or snacks if you think you will need it!
4. SENIOR NIGHT: parents of senior Marching Band members will be recognized at the football game on Fri Oct 26. Senior parents are asked to meet in the HS front hallway at 6pm, to get organized and then walk to the Stadium together. You should have received a flyer from the Athletic Department asking you to provide your names and other information in advance of the event. Find it here if yours has been misplaced or you did not receive one.
5. SENIOR DINNER: the BPA will provide dinner to the entire HS Marching Band before the game on Oct 26, in the HS cafeteria, in honor of our seniors. This year the meal is being catered by Local Cantina – so, yum! Seniors will be served first, at 5pm, followed by Juniors at 5:10pm, Sophomores at 5:20pm, and Freshmen at 5:30pm. Our thanks to Melissa Cribbs for organizing!
6. FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS: as you may be aware, there is a possibility that our Bobcat football team will make the playoffs this year. While we are all proud of the Bobcats’ on-field success, we know this can also make it difficult to plan and juggle family schedules in the fall. Exact info will be provided as it becomes available, but what we do know now is this: if the Bobcats make the playoffs, they would likely have a game on Friday, Nov 2, and it will not be in Grandview. As long as they continue to win, they would continue to play on subsequent Fridays until they lose (or win a State championship!). Excused absences from these marching band performances will, as always, handled by Mr. Herrmann on a case-by-case basis. (Find a link to the absence request form here.)
7. SENIOR VIDEO: finally, just another quick reminder that we need photo and video contributions from everyone to make the end-of-year senior video project a success. Please visit the web site for more information, and to find out how to help.
Thanks, all! Questions? Let me know!
Julie Rutter, Communications
Grandview Heights Band Parents Association
Comments are closed.