MESSAGES FROM THE DIRECTORS AND BAND PARENTS
If you can't find it in your in-box, you can probably find it here!
REMINDER that the full GH Bands Calendar is available here.
BAND PARENTS UPDATE
This message was sent to all GRANDVIEW HEIGHTS BAND FAMILIES.
1. BAND CAMP VOLUNTEERS: the signupgenius is ready!! Please visit it early and
often, and sign up for as many volunteer slots as you are able. Did you know that it takes over 70 volunteers, and roughly 450 volunteer hours, to make band camp a success every year? For real, people! No experience necessary, parents of rising freshmen are welcome. And some of it is actually fun! Please do your part to make this experience come alive for our band students.
2. SUMMER UNIFORMS: all rising freshman and new HS band students need to order a white polo blue GH bands logo, blue shorts with white GH bands logo, white marching shoes, and white marching band gloves through the GHBPA (NOTE: percussionists do not need gloves). If you have hand-me-down items from older siblings or friends, your student may use those, as long as they are in good condition. An order form with payment information is attached to this message, and all orders are due by June 15.
3. EIGHTH GRADE FITTINGS: reminder that eighth graders who intend to be a part of the GHHS marching band next year will be fitted for summer uniform items during their regular band class period on May 9. Students will not be measured, but will instead try on sample items over their clothes – so please have your student wear something they can easily slip a shirt and shorts over. Please also remind them to wear or bring socks for trying on shoes!
4. CURRENT HS STUDENTS: any current HS student in need of replacement summer uniform items and/or different sizes may also order at this time. Orders will be filled in time for the Falco concert in August, but not in time for the Memorial Day Parade. If you need something in time for the parade, please contact Elizabeth Watters (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have just a few items available in inventory, and may be able to assist. All orders are due by June 15.
5. STILL WANT YOUR INPUT: thanks to those of you who have taken the time to fill out our short survey regarding volunteer opportunities. Would still welcome responses from all the rest of you! This will take you two minutes, tops, so please click here to access. Thanks!
6. MIDDLE SCHOOL SPRING CONCERT: finally, a reminder that the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade bands will perform their final concert of the school year on Tuesday May 8 at 6pm (grades 5 & 6) and 7pm (grades 7 & 8). This will be the last middle school performance ever for our 8th grade band students. The time…..it flies!
Thanks, all! Questions? Let me know!
Julie Rutter, Communications
Grandview Heights Band Parents Association
Comments are closed.