Hello, all - here's the latest from the GH Band Parents Association:
1. FREE ON THURSDAY NIGHT? Join us for the monthly meeting of the GH Band
Parents Association at 6:30pm in the HS band room. Always a rocking good time, and as an added bonus you may just find new ways that you can help make our bands successful. Score!
2. DO YOU NEED A RIDE TO THE GAME ON FRIDAY? Have I got a deal for you! We need one more adult to chaperone on theband buses to and from the game. No parking hassles, and you get the added bonus of annoying your kid, if you’re into that sort of thing. Please visit the signupgenius if you can help us out.
3. DID YOU KNOW? Four concession stand volunteering slots went unfilled during the last home game last week. Four!!! Thanks to a few kind-hearted folks who volunteered for double shifts, we still managed to cover what was a very busy (and ultimately very profitable) night in concessions. But it would have been a lot easier with your help! Please do your part to help us get all of next week’s slots covered well in advance of game time, by visiting the signupgenius today. Parents of underclassmen (and even parents of 5-8 graders) are welcome and VERY appreciated – most parents of seniors have been doing this for years and would love to take some time to enjoy their student’s last season with the GHHS MB. Thanks so much for your help – we really cannot do it without you!
4. MIDDLE SCHOOL BANDS: students in the middle school bands, grades five through eight, wear navy blue GH Bands polo shirts and khaki pants or skirts for all concert performances. These shirts are now available for purchase from the Band Parents Association for $15 each. Please click here for the order form, which provides all other ordering details. All orders must be received by October 12, 2018, to ensure we have your shirt in time for fall performances.
5. SENIOR VIDEO MONTAGE: reminder that we are gathering photos and videos for use in a video montage as a gift to our graduating seniors at the end of the school year. Please visit the web site for more information on how you can contribute, any time between now and year end.
Thanks, all! Questions? Let me know!
Julie Rutter, Communications
Grandview Heights Band Parents Association