Greetings, families! If you have a seventh or eighth grade band or orchestra student please review the following information from Mr. Heath and Mr. Stanley, and note upcoming deadlines:
Here is the permission slip [editor's note: this permission form is available in your individual parentsquare account] for the Kings Island trip on Saturday, May 6th, 2023. Please have this form filled out by Wednesday, April 12th. Ticket prices are $35 each and must be paid for by Friday, April 14th. Tickets must be paid for through SPS EZPay (the same medium in which school lunches are paid for). If your student has a season pass to KI, they can use this ticket for the day, just be sure to let Mr. Stanley or Mr. Heath know if your student is using their season pass.
Here is the full schedule for Saturday, May 6th:
1. Students will wear their band/orchestra polo shirt for the performance and to KI, primarily so students can be easily identified at the park. Tennis shoes are a must. NO FLIP FLOPS/SANDALS.
2. Students are NOT required to go to KI, but ARE required to perform that morning.
3. Students who are traveling on the bus to KI MUST ride the bus on the way back home. Absolutely no exceptions.
4. Students must bring a packed lunch to eat, and must bring money to buy dinner/snacks at the park. Suggested total is $25-$30.
5. Tickets cannot be refunded for any reason.
6. Students must behave themselves and follow all of the same rules and guidelines that apply to school, as stated in the Code of Conduct.
If you are interested in chaperoning, please reach out to Mr. Heath or Mr. Stanley ASAP. Tickets will be covered if you chaperone.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Heath or Mr. Stanley and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We will send out a reminder/update once we get closer to the performance/trip. Have a wonderful spring break!
Finally, an additional note from the Band Parents Association: confidential financial assistance is available if needed for your student to participate. The BPA is committed to ensuring that all students are included in band/orchestra activities. Please contact Mr. Heath, Mr. Stanley, or Mr. Hinkle to arrange.
(Updated April 7, 2023)
ADDITIONAL Q&A -