Greetings, all! Hope that your school year is off to a great start, and your students are ready to hit the ground running (and marching!).Here are some updates from the Band
1. CONCESSION VOLUNTEERS: the signupgenius for concessions is now posted. Please, please, please visit, and sign up for at least three slots. Concessions is a huuuuuuuge undertaking, and we need everyone to do their parts. Freshmen and sophomore parents: don’t be shy! It’s fun work and easy to learn, and you’ll have plenty of support.
2. OTHER VOLUNTEERS: if you’d rather chaperone away game trips, hang senior banners for home games, or help with loading and unloading equipment on away game nights, please visit this signupgenius and pick three slots there. We’ll take you any way we can get you!
3. ROW PICTURES: the ever gracious and talented Michele Leach, a fellow Band Parent, visited Band Camp again this year to take row and group pictures of our students. Just wanted to let you all know that the row pictures have been posted on the Band Camp page of the web site if you would like to see them. Thanks, Michele!
4. SENIOR VIDEO MONTAGE: as some of you may know, for the past several years the Band Parents have created a video montage as a gift to our graduating seniors at the end of the school year. The success of this project depends upon all of you and your students, sharing photos and videos that you have gathered throughout the years. Rather than wait until the last minute to start asking for your help, this year, we are getting an early start. Please visit the web site for more information on how you cancontribute, any time between now and year end. Also note that this is not limited to families of senior students – anyone with fun pictures or videos that include our seniors is encouraged to assist, students included. Please help us spread the word!
5. WEB SITE: finally, just a reminder/heads up to visit the GH Bands web site any time you need information, supplies, documents, schedule, etc. We do our best to keep it up to date with any information you might need, and all Band Director and Band Parent emails are posted regularly on the blog.
Thanks, all! Questions? Let me know!
Julie Rutter, Communications
Grandview Heights Band Parents Association